Sara Dimerman In conversation with Rick Kelly.
Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- What restorative/restorative justice means?
- How long the restorative justice model has been used and how it evolved?
- Other options for dealing with bullying issues
- How the restorative justice model works
- Who facilitates this process in schools
- The benefits of being with the right facilitator in a safe, supportive environment
- The risks of being with a facilitator who is not trained/certified
- How parents can familiarize themselves with the model being used in their children’s school in relation to bullying
- How teachers and administrators can encourage the restorative justice model as an intervention and form of prevention