Sara Dimerman in conversation with Dr. Tara Sermer. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- How a family can come together in making the decision to become a pet owning family
- Some of the key factors to consider when deciding to bring a pet to live in your home
- Red flags that your home or family may not be pet friendly
- Making an informed decision about the right breed of dog or cat for your family
- Whether dogs and cats can co exist.
- Less commonly owned domestic animals
- Helping children and adults cope with the loss of a pet.
- Resources/where to go to to do more research on owning a pet.
Dr. Sermer also recommends:
- TV show: CMT Pick A Puppy. Previous episodes on http://www.cmt.ca/show/pick-a-puppy
- Book: Cesar’s Way by Cesar Milan.
- Book: Perfect Puppy in 7 Days: How to start your puppy off right by Dr. Sophia Yin
- Book: Before & After Getting Your Puppy by Dr. Ian Dunbar