Drinking & Driving is a deadly mix. Certain times of the year we especially need to be reminded of this. Drinking alcohol on one’s own time in the comfort of one’s own home is your business. However, if we drink and drive, others can be affected. MADD Canada is one of the best known organizations of it’s kind in Canada. They aim to support people who have been victims of impaired driving and to educate us about the lethal consequences of driving while impaired. Please listen to this podcast, no matter your age, because drinking and driving crosses all age barriers. However, if you know a youth that drives, please especially encourage him or her to listen too. You can save lives.
Sara Dimerman in conversation with Denise Dubyk. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- When, where and why was MADD Canada created? By whom? Mission statement?
- Aside from the obvious, why is it never a good idea for people to drive while impaired?
- What are some warning signs that you may have had a few too many? Are personal breathalyzers a good idea?
- What are the legal and moral responsibilities of someone serving alcohol – a private party host, restaurant or bar owner
- What are some proactive measures parents and educators can take to prevent injuries and fatalities that result from driving while impaired?
- How can communities come together in fighting against driving while impaired?