Sara Dimerman in conversation with Betty Cornelius. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- What is a kinship family?
- How common is it that children are being raised by their grandparents?
- What is CANGRANDS?
- How does CANGRANDS reaches out to and helps grandparents.
- How and why are grandchildren typically raised by their grandparents?
- What is different about raising a grandchild compared to raising a child of ones own? What special requirements need to be in place?
- What if the grandparents don’t have the resources to provide for their grandchildren?
- How does raising ones grandchildren typically affect the dynamics
- How are grandchildren typically affected – both positively and not as positively by being raised in a kinship family?
- CANGRANDS Hearts & Hands Quilt project
- How the rate of kinship families compares between Canada, the USA and other countries.
- How kinship families from around the world can connect with one another.