Sara Dimerman in conversation with Dr. Tiffany Chow. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- The age at which adult children typically find their roles with their parents beginning to reverse
- Age related factors that influence this change in role
- Other special circumstances that might accelerate this role reversal (eg alzheimers, dementia, stroke)
- The difference between dementia and alzheimer’s disease
- The age at which older adults typically need more care
- Encouraging geriatric assessments and with whom?
- What to do when an aging parent is resistant to or in denial about needing extra help
- Why its best to avoid certain words such as “dementia” when talking to an aging parent
- Support services for aging parents and their adult children
- Whether our communities/provinces are well equipped to deal with mental and physical changes for our aging population
- The importance of getting extended family involved in caring for an aging parent/relative
- What to look for when exploring options for increased care
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!