In this podcast Sara Dimerman chats with Meagan Solomon.
Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- The age at which many children begin experimenting with drugs and/or alcohol?
- Some of the reasons this happens
- Signs that they may be using drugs or drinking alcohol
- The best way for a parent to approach his or her child about their concerns so as to encourage open, ongoing communication
- Whether it is realistic for a parent to expect compliance after forbidding his or her child from using drugs or alcohol
- Whether or not its ever a good idea for parents to allow their under age children to drink in their homes with them? Their friends?
- How parents can access information to share with their children about the dangers of drinking and using drugs, and how to go about doing so
- What parents can do if they feel that their children are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol
- Supports and programs to help