Sara Dimerman in conversation with Anna-Marie Musson about how to stay out of court when divorcing. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- The difference between the typical adversarial approach we often think of associated with divorce, versus a collaborative approach
- Whether there any situations, such as when the situation is highly conflictual, or where there is child abuse or domestic violence, where collaboration or mediation does not work or is not recommended
- Some of the top reasons that a couple (and their children, if there are any) would benefit from staying out of court
- When it comes to mediation, what happens when the couple hit a roadblock
- Whether or not mediators or collaborative family lawyers continue to work with clients when they enter into court proceedings, and if not, why not?