In this podcast Sara Dimerman chats with Brenda Whiteside. Over the course of this episode, you will learn more about:
- The biggest changes or challenges students face when transitioning from high school to a post secondary school program
- How living away from home – on residence, for example – affects the way in which a teen manages the transition to a post secondary program
- How students and parents can expect to feel at first
- How long the transitional phase typically lasts
- Resources and programs most Universities and Colleges have in place to assist the student
- What students can look forward to once he or she is more settled into residence or in their program of choice
- Do’s and don’ts for parents to consider – prior to, during and following the adjustment phase
Teen university or college bound away from home? Read some of my tips on how to cope with this change.
Sara is quoted in new online magazine InBetween on University/College kids coming home for the holidays.
Interviewed on Canada AM about how parents can help their teens transition to campus life.