The WHO (World Health Organization) recently classified compulsive video game playing as a mental health condition. Sara tells Carolyn Mackenzie how parents can regulate their children’s gaming this summer. Watch Sara’s segment on Global TV’s Morning Show on video gaming addiction.
In this episode, Sara chats with Domenico Capilongo. Over the course of this episode, you will learn more about:
- The role that teachers play in preparing kids for life post secondary school
- Whether this is different to the role that parents play and if so, how?
- How students can help prepare themselves for life post secondary school
- What life after secondary school looks like
- What constitutes a successful launch into life post secondary school and what makes the difference
Sara offers advice if you feel guilty for always “losing it” with your kids
From Paris to La Loche, Sara writes about how talking to kids about traumatic events requires a sensitive touch
Sara is quoted in CBC article on anxiety and kids
Sara offers advice on how to set guidelines with your kids about screen time