Sara Dimerman in conversation with Janyce Lastman about the impact of stopping and starting school during the pandemic. Over the course of this episode you will learn more about:
- The impact that this has had on parents, students and teachers.
- Some of the most challenging aspects of both having kids at home with their parents 24/7 in addition to online learning.
- What parents and teachers can do to help support kids when they are asked to stay away from school.
- whether there will be gaps in learning or whole years worth of learning lost as a result of how going back and forth to school has been managed.
- How parents can best equip themselves to help their kids prepare to go with the flow.
- What strategies, plans and resources can be put in place to support the current climate of education – in Ontario, Canada and around the world.
Janyce recommends these additional resources:
- WindowSwap – New name for this now VERY popular site. Anyone can join in and broadcast their own view for free if they wish. Here’s the backstory which really contextualizes it: What is WindowSwap?.
- Toddler who sees world through hand sanitizer stations… really says it all!