Remember when you couldn’t keep your hands off each other?
When you’re married, sex can be completely different from when you were dating. Back then, sex was intense. Exciting. Something you looked forward to. But what happens when the flame fizzles?
Drawing on her years of experience counseling couples, psychologist and relationship expert Sara Dimerman explains why sexual desire fades once we’re living together and why – bored with the monotony of monogamy – we become lazy about keeping sex novel and passionate.
Why Married Couples Don’t Have Sex… At Least Not with Each Other! dives into the dynamics that diminish sexual desire and intimacy and exposes the real reasons so many men and women are willing to risk losing their marriages by engaging in relationships with new lovers. Sara offers frank, playful, yet practical advice (plus many resources) for married women and men who want to know why they’re no longer enjoying a fulfilling sex life and what they can do about it.
Equally helpful to both men and women, this book is a must for everyone’s bedside table.
Dimerman approaches an age-old problem—can the emotional safety and routine of marriage co-exist with ongoing passion and intimacy?—with an open mind, decades of experience as a couples’ therapist, and most importantly, lots of practical advice to put into action. This book will help people struggling with the role of sex within their marriage.
Robin Rinaldi, Author – The Wild Oats Project
Buy now from:
On shelves of all major booksellers on February 24, 2015
Thursday Feb 26th
Fri Feb 27 – Sun March 1 – Sexapalooza show
Friday March 20th
CBC Radio Ontario Today
Open Line Show asking: Why risk your marriage for something on the side?.
Saturday March 21st
Sara offered a free presentation and was available to sign books.
Wednesday March 25th
9-10pm EST – Join the Bookalicious Twitter chat – go to yummymummyclub.ca/blogs/wanda-lynne-young-bookalicious for more information and how to win a copy of the book. Follow host @BookaliciousCA and @HelpMeSara and use the hashtag #MarriedSexBook to participate.
In the Media
- Sunday Feb 8th – Sara was a guest on Maureen McGrath’s Sunday Night Sex Show on CKNW Radio in Vancouver. Listen to the segment below (skip to 9:30).
- Thornhill author writes new advice book on sex (YorkRegion.com)
- Friday Feb 13th – Sara was a guest on AM640 Radio with Bill Carroll talking about her book. Listen to the segment below.
- Problems in The Bedroom? Sara Dimerman Is Here to Help! (InfoMommy)
- Tuesday Feb 24th – Sara talks about her book on the day it hits shelves (CTVCanadaAM)
- Funny segment. Book cover accidentally slips into weather forecast. Great to get extra air time! (CTVCanadaAM)
- Tuesday Feb 24th – 8:00pm – Newstalk 1010 Radio – The Night Side with Barb Digiulio. Listen to the segment below.
- Cheating spouse? Sara suggests 10 signs to watch for that your man may be cheating on you (BrazenWoman.com)
- Insights & Influence with marriage expert Sara Dimerman (Landmark Report)
- Wednesday March 4th – 9:20am – Global TV – The Morning Show.
- Thursday March 5th – 10 to 11pm – CJAD 800 Radio, Montreal – With host of “Passion”, Dr. Laurie Betito. Listen to the segment below.
- “Even healthy marriages are vulnerable to infidelity,” (Tokyo Families)
- Sara chats with CBC parenting columnist Diane Flacks about bringing sexy back after becoming parents
- Sara chats with Ontario Association of Psychological Associates President Michael Decaire about the book, her therapy work, and her prolific media presence